September 1 2016 notes from the CUPW Lower Mainland Retirees Organization
- Next meeting: Our next meeting is Thursday September 22 2016 at 1:00 p.m. at the Unifor Hall in New Westminster. The address is 326 12th Street New Westminster, BC. There is parking, and it is easily accessible by bus and Skytrain. You are invited and encouraged to attend and to bring friends.
The agenda will include:
– Information about the proposed two new Collective Agreements
– Update on what is happening with the Canada Post Pension Plan
– Update re work on the future of the Canada Post Pension Plan
– Update on the CUPW National Retirees Organization
– Plans for the future
– What other issues/ideas etc you wish to raise
We are working on a speaker for the meeting. I hope to see you there. It is a great opportunity to talk with other retirees. We will have sign language interpreters.
- CUPW Collective Agreements: As you may know CUPW new Collective Agreements for both Urban Operations and Rural and Suburban Mail Carriers. These agreements still have to be ratified. A recent CUPW bulletin stated the Collective Agreements contained “We protected our defined benefit pension plan for all current and future plan participants. We prevented an increase in the premium costs for retiree extended health care and dental benefits. This guarantees a secure retirement for our members.”
- CUPW National Retirees Organization: You are encouraged to join the CUPW National Retirees Organization to help promote a coast to coast to coast voice for postal workers.
Please send your membership form to:
377 Bank Street
The dues are $24.00 per year. If you send in a check make it payable to the CUPW National Retirees Organization.
You can also do this via email. The correct email address is
- Take action to Save Canada Post on September 16 2016. CUPW and People4Posties and CUPW have organized an action in front of a Liberal Cabinet Ministers office.
Rally at MP Jody Wilson-Raybould’s office:
104-1245 W Broadway, Vancouver, BC
Friday, September 16 5 PM – 6 PM
The fight for pay equity for RSMC’s and for expanding postal service to make it the hub of a green economy aren’t over! With the government postal review and pay equity report still to come, we need to increase the pressure. There will be rallies and actions across Canada the week of Sept 11-17. Join us to ensure that our voices are heard by the Trudeau government! Hope to see you there!!!